Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane ....


I am off to visit my sister and her family and my mom and dad for a week! I am very excited, but this is the first time in 18 years I've ever traveled anywhere for more than a day without my husband and/or my girls. I am very excited to see my family and especially my niece, Alandria (5) and my new nephew, Xander (2 1/2 months). Baby cuddles and little kid chatter make my heart soar!
On the other hand, I am worried about my husband and kids at home. My husband has reassured me over and over again that they will be just fine ... but, I don't want them to be too fine! I want them to still need me! I never imagined that my heart would be so torn ....
I will enjoy my time away, but will look forward to being reunited with my own family in a week.
Here I go .....

5 comments:

Amy said...

It is amazing how being a wife and mother become our definition.
I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Maureen said...

Have a wonderful visit
Kiss the babes and cuddle till your hearts content.

Shari said...

Vicki
Have a blast and make some wonderful memories with your sister.

praypraise&pamper said...

Takr lots of pictures of the beautiful wonders for the rest of us to see:)
Have a great time!

Juls said...

Oh, Vicki!!!! I can't even start to tell you how much I understand your feelings here. Everytime I leave my house for any amount if time other then going to work. I always wonder will they be ok, or will the see that they really do need me. But everytime I come home, I see that they made out just fine. No, they didn't do things the way I would want them done, but they had fun and Tony didn't burn down the house. Its at those moments when I get to tell myself "you have done a good job being the mom of the house! how else would they have survived". I know that you are a wonderful wife and an awesome mom, they some how held it together, i'm guessing coz you raised them right. I hope you had a wonderful time.