While going through an old box of homeschooling things this summer, I came across a list I made several years ago when our homeschooling journey began. I'm pleased that our goals have not altered at all! I wrote them when our kids were merely elementary students and now, with one doing Grade 10 work and one doing a mix of Grade 8 and Grade 9 work, the goals seem just as poignant.
Written around 1999:
Our Destination Goal for Homeschooling
1. That our children would love to learn.
2. That our children would have a marketable set of skills ... research, communication and technical.
3. That our children would understand Christianity and enjoy a vital relationship with the Lord.
4. That our children would discover their talents and gifts and be able to develop them and use them.
5. That our children would develop integrity of character that would be noticeable not only to us, but our family, friends and church.