Thursday, July 17, 2008

School's Out!


I know for almost everyone else in Canada, school's been out for several weeks. When you are homeschooling, you can educate on your own schedule. In the past, this has always worked to our advantage and we've usually finished school in May. This year was different. With my husband's schedule being so heavy last fall, we got way behind in our schoolwork and just couldn't seem to get caught up. Now, we're finally done! I've even completed report cards.

Now the kids and I are officially on 'summer holidays'. I've got a few plans, but nothing extravagant. I plan to spend some time at the library and then enjoy reading the books and watching the DVDs I borrow, painting a few more things around my home, starting a Facebook page, trying a few new recipes, blogging about some things that have been on my mind and then getting ready for the next school year. We are also planning on attending a couple concerts ... my hubby and the band he plays with, Scandalous Grace, are doing a fundraising concert tomorrow (Friday) at DSCF, our friend Kevin Pauls is in concert in Whitby next week, and then next Saturday we have tickets to see American Idols Live at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto!

Here's hoping for a few lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!

5 comments:

Sombra said...

I still have to write my end of year report for the school board. Wanna come do that for me? lol

Maureen said...

Have a wonderful summer.
Sounds like you have lots planned.
looking forward to hearing and or reading whats on your heart on your blog.
I do have one prayer request could you pray that Those Lazy Crazy Hazy Days of Summer gets out of my head it's as funny as Trailers for sale or rent.
have a good day
xoxo King of the Road

Rhonda said...

Congratulations on completing another school year! Hope all of your students passed. :) Did you get any great teacher gifts?

Sounds like a some great plans - I took will look forward to reading your thoughts, on your blog.

Charlene said...

you are really going to get a FB page??!! yeah!!!

Vicki said...

Just for the record, both girls not only passed, but received honours in every subject! No great teacher gifts though.