Saturday, July 26, 2008

American Idols Live Tour 2008

One thing that our family enjoys doing together is watching American Idol. This year we actually watched every single episode! During the Finale on TV, my husband casually mentioned to our girls that the live tour was coming to Toronto in July. They looked at him with raised eyebrows, "Really?"
"Yes, and we've got tickets to go see it!!"
This resulted in lots of screaming!!




I asked MacKenzie this morning who her favourite was. Right away she answered, "David Cooke. .... and Carly Smithson. .... oh, and Jason Castro." This year the talent was exceptional ... so many different styles and I especially loved seeing the contestants get better and better every week. My favourite was Jason Castro. I loved his performances of "Hallelujah" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Just for the record though, in my opinion he was not ready to be the winner. David Cooke was the right one as far as I'm concerned!

Today is the day! We've packed snacks for the ride, got the tickets and binoculars ready to go and we are pumped!






3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful family event! What a fun thing to do after watching all of the episodes together. I love how you and Andrew incorporate 'family' into most everything you do.

Charlene said...

have fun!!! i am so glad you guys got to go . . . can't wait for the "after" blog!!!

S said...

What's new?

Sue Vincent