Sunday, June 01, 2008

Thoughts ...

Over the last few weeks the Lord has been highlighting some things to me over and over again. There haven't been flashing neon lights, but the same things keep jumping out when someone is speaking or when I'm reading something. Thought I'd share.
  • TRUTH (see this previous post) My mom always ends up with a "word for the year" ... Truth is my word for 2008.
  • Use wisdom
  • Get the facts before you jump to conclusions
  • My children will inherit one of two things: my fears or God's promises (Lisa Bevere)
  • When God asks me to do something, I MUST obey immediately ... no matter how much people won't understand
  • How can anyone have a proper relationship with God when their earthly relationships are so messed up ... and yet, we can't fix those earthly relationships on our own, we need God to help us
  • I can't do anything on my own, but I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!
  • There is a school bus company from our town that uses the logo "On the Journey of Learning" ... I feel like that wraps up my life in a nutshell

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those are very good thoughts. Isn't it interesting how on our 'journey' things can repeatedly grab our attention and be highlighted in our spirits.

May you be so blessed on your journey!

Roxanne said...

I often quote I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH.

Maureen said...

I agree with Roxanne
This has been my scripture for the past 2 years.
The voice of truth says Do Not be Afraid

Sombra said...

VICKI!!!

They're not Canadian Geese, they're Canada Geese. If they were Canadian Geese, the government would have to issue each one of them a passport!! lol

Vicki said...

I stand corrected!

You must visit Sombra's blog to see what in the world she's talking about!

www.homeschoolblogger.com/MoreLittleWilsons