This was something I did on Facebook, but not all my friends are on Facebook, so I'm adding this here as well. This is simply a list of 25 random things about me ...
1. This is hard to do because I very often define myself by what I am to other people ... mostly my husband and kids.
2. I have been married almost 17.5 years which is quite an accomplishment these days. We both are committed to working hard at staying married and we often have long, in-depth conversations about our feelings. I have only ever been in love with my husband.
3. I like to think I look young and act young, but inside I am very old-fashioned.
4. I have homeschooled my children for their entire education ... we're up to grade 10 and grade 8 now.
5. If I have the remote, I like to watch home-renovation shows or real estate shows (Divine Design, Sarah's House, House to Flip, House Hunters) ... HGTV and TLC for me.
6. I learned how to run sound so my husband wouldn't have to hire a sound person and so we could travel as a family and I am good at it.
7. I believe that if everyone would simply tell the truth, there would be far less trouble in the world. The truth does indeed set people free.
8. One thing that my husband really wanted me to do and I did not want to do, but now I'm glad I did was pierce my ears.
9. I am a control freak (but learning how to overcome this!)
10. I don't truly relax unless my house is tidy.
11. I am an insanely jealous wife.
12. I bite my fingernails ... yes, still.
13. I had a back injury 3 1/2 years ago and ended up spending 7 weeks in bed on heavy meds, but through God and common sense I was able to avoid surgery.
14. I am very close to my sister even though we live very far apart.
15. I am afraid of elevators (which is rooted in the fact that my sister got stuck in one when we were kids. Funny, she isn't afraid of elevators and I am!)
16. I live across the road from my in-laws and my gramma-in-law and I'm fine with that.
17. As I age, I hope to have the grace of my Gramma Cooling, the gentleness of my husband's Gramma Martin and the wisdom of them both.
18. It took me 3 tries to get my driver's licence (when I was 17), but I've never had a ticket or an accident!
19. My dad worked for the Bank of Montreal until I was 9 and then he started pastoring which he still does.
20. My mom knows how to give the best presents ever ... even the tiniest things have significant meanings.
21. My real lname is "Vicki", not "Victoria" and I am named after my Grampa ... William Victor Cooling.
22. I have a silly fear of being cold ... ask anyone who has visited in the winter and discovered how I keep my woodstove going! I NEED to know that my furnace has oil and my garage has a pile of wood.
23. When I am angry or stressed, I clean house.
24. I would rather drive an older vehicle, live in a "tired" house and have "tired" furniture than be in debt.
25. I truly and absolutely believe that God not only loves me, but that He cares about even the tiniest detail of my life. Every cell in my body loves God, but I am often confused by His "kids".